It all started when...
We are a non-profit 501 (C) 3 corporation registered with the IRS and State of Florida. In keeping with IL Philosophy, a majority of ILC’s staff and Board of Directors are people who experience disabilities.
CILSF was formed in 1993 due to the tremendous needs of people with disabilities following Hurricane Andrew. We have grown to provide a variety of services and supports to the disability community of Miami-Dade County.
The foundation of our services is based on five Core Service areas:
- Individual and Systems Advocacy
- Peer Support
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Information and Referral
The services we provide are consumer directed. You as the consumer along with your family and/or support system, identify the services you need and together with staff, decide how best to acquire the services and assistance.
Our Funding Partners
We are a Center for Independent Living as identified in the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and are funded through:
- The Independent Living Administration in the Administration for Community Living with the US Department of Health and Human Services
- The State of Florida Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Miami-Dade County, Office of Grants Coordination
- Private Corporations, Businesses and Foundations
- Individual Contributions from people like you!